Work at FarmLogs
Solve real problems with an amazing team
Help Invent the Future of Farming
Do you crave a work environment where everyone is excited and engaged in a collective mission and purpose? Do you want to be a part of building something that has the potential to impact everyone in the world?
At FarmLogs, we set out with a bold mission: to invent the future of farming. We are a talented group of people leveraging cutting-edge technology (90% of our backend is written in Clojure) to glean insights from massive datasets (remotely sensed rainfall and vegetation indexes, to name a few) in order to help farmers run their businesses more profitably.
Agriculture affects everyone on the planet. Keeping up with population growth is an immense challenge that technology is well suited to solve. While the past few decades of innovation have come from bigger machines and better genetics, the next huge wave of improvement in agriculture is coming from data science and automation.
Think self-driving cars are cool? Old news to the farming industry - they've been using GPS to drive tractors for years now. We're on to much bigger and more challenging problems: How can machine learning techniques help prescribe crop inputs on a meter-by-meter basis? What actionable insights can we derive from complex data sets and deep agronomic models? How can we use data to help farmers increase their ROI while reducing the impact on the environment? We believe we already have the answers to some of these questions and invite you to join us in making them a reality.
FarmLogs is an awesome place to work. Just a few of the perks:
- Work with a smart and fun group of people who are passionate about changing the world and leaving it a better place than we found it.
- Awesome work space - industrial stove & oven for those of you who love to cook!
- Organic beef jerky of the month club
- Unlimited whole bean Roos Roast to appease your caffeine addiction
- Lots of autonomy - get to impact the future and direction of our product.
- We actually get to make a difference with the work that we're doing.
- We come from pretty diverse academic and industry backgrounds which means we have the opportunity to learn A LOT from one another. Regular tech talks reinforce this.
- Part of a cohesive team where we collectively celebrate our successes and failures.
- We cover the entire cost of your individual health insurance premium and 50% for the rest of your family
- The gear you need to get your work done is provided
- Crop Modeller
- Sales Development Representative
- iOS Developer
- VP of Engineering
- Product Designer
- Customer Advocate
- Corporate Recruiter
- Backend Engineer
- Front-End Engineer
- Project Manager
- Product Marketing Manager
- Inbound Marketing Manager
- Digital Marketer
- Social Media Strategist
- Founded in 2012
- Y Combinator Alum
- Raised $15M in VC
- 37 person team
- HQ in Ann Arbor, MI